H-1B and TN Petition Intake Form


1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Page 1 of 8
International Student and Scholar Services uses this information to submit an H-1B or TN I-129 petition to United States Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS). You will need to gather all the supporting documents from below that are applicable to you and scan them as one PDF document to upload in Part 6. ALL H-1B/TN APPLICANTS (a.k.a. Beneficiaries), MUST INCLUDE: • Copy of the biographical page(s) of your passport, including your name, date of birth, and passport expiration date • Copy of highest diploma awarded, with certified translation to English, if necessary • Copy of transcripts of highest degree awarded, with certified translation to English, if necessary • Copy of credential evaluation of degree if degree was awarded by an academic institution outside of the United States • Most current Resume or CV (must be in English) • Public Charge Questionnaire (ISSS provided a link to the form in the initial H-1B/TN/O email.) IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY EMPLOYED IN THE U.S.: • Copies of your last three pay statements AND copy of your last Form W-2 statement from prior year • Copies of your past U.S. or H-1B/H-4 immigration documents, if any IF YOU ARE CURRENTLY IN THE U.S., please also send: • Copy (front and back) of most recent I-94 record or the electronic I-94 record to be obtained from https://i94.cbp.dhs.gov/I94/#/home. • Copy of your most recent U.S. visa stamp in your passport • Copy of your current immigration documents (for example: F status - I-20; J status - DS-2019; H or TN status - USCIS Approval Notice, etc.) If you are or ever were in J-1 or J-2 status in the U.S.: • Copies of all current and/or previous DS-2019s • If you were subject to the Two Year Home Presence requirement (212(e)), copies of proof of meeting the 212(e) requirement or proof you were granted the waiver of the 212 (e) requirement (i.e. previous I-797 approval notices of the waiver, evidence of having been in your home country for 2 years (24 months) total, etc.) ADDITIONAL DOCUMENTATION THAT MAY BE NEEDED, if applicable: • Copies of Previous I-797 approval notices for all previous H statuses • Copies of documentation for any denial of the H status issued by USCIS • Copies of documentation for any denial of you were granted by US Department of State for U.S. visa applications you submitted • Copies of all documentation for any U.S. Legal Permanent Residency application (i.e. USCIS I-797 receipt, I-797 approval notices, Denial notices) • Copy of your current valid Employment Authorization Document (EAD), if applicable • Copy of your current Advance Parole Document, if applicable • Copies of all other USCIS notices you’ve received for any other USCIS application/petition currently pending for you Please provide the below ONLY if your dependents are in the U.S. and need to apply for H-4 status within the U.S.: • Copy of biographical and most recent visa stamp pages of each dependent’s passport • If currently in U.S., copy of each dependent’s I-94 record and any other supporting documentation if not in H-4 status currently • Copy of marriage certificate and/or children’s birth certificates (with English translations) NOTE: Your dependents will need to complete and sign Form I-539 with required supporting documentation and check or money order for the filing fee. This form and instructions can be found at www.uscis.gov in the Forms section. They will need to mail the original I-539, supporting documentation, and check or money order to the below address. We will need to include this with your H-1B petition: Middlebury College International Student & Scholar Services - Kas Singh 14 Old Chapel Rd Middlebury, VT 05753

International Student & Scholar Services (ISSS)

Service Building - Second Floor
84 South Service Road
Middlebury College
Middlebury, VT 05753
P: 802 443-5858
F: 802 443-2063